Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cookies from Food Storage Link Party-Cowboy Cookies






Today I going to have a link party.  My first one so I hope it goes well.  If you are new to link parties, here's how it works: if you have a post on your blog that relates to the party, you fill out the section below and a photo from your blog with a link to your blog will appear.  It is a fun way for everyone to share recipes.  If you don't have a blog and just want to check out all of the recipes it is a good way to see what is out there.  Today's link party is Cookies from Food Storage 

If you are new to food storage one of the easiest ways to start using it is to make cookies. One of my family's favorite recipes is Cowboy Cookies. In fact when we were first dating my now husband made these for me to take on a family vacation.  My family loved them and was sure we would get married (we did) all  becuase of a cookie.

Yes I do think you should have chocolate chips in your food storage.  My husband says butterscotch chip are also a must have.


Cowboy Cookies
Thanks to Becky Powell for sharing this recipe with me.
2 C      Crisco
2 C      White Sugar
2 C      Brown Sugar
4          Eggs
2 tsp    Vanilla
2 tsp    Salt
2 tsp    Baking Soda
2 tsp    Baking Powder
4 C      Flour
4 C      Oats
1 bag   Chocolate Chips
1 bag   Butterscotch Chips

Mix Crisco and sugars, add eggs, vanilla, salt, baking soda and baking powder.   Add flour then oats, then Chocolate and Butterscotch chips.

Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes

Makes a LOT (this is a double recipe for normal cookies).  Make sure you have a large bowl.  


Be sure to add the link to your blog post not to your home page.